Volunteering at JusticeNet
JusticeNet offers numerous volunteer opportunities for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about helping others. As valued members of JusticeNet, volunteers provide the means by which clients are able to contact lawyers, subsequently contributing to accessible justice. Our organization benefits both client and attorney by working to fill the gap in our current legal system.
Although the majority of our volunteers will be working at the call centre answering incoming inquiries, we also have opportunities for those wishing to recruit lawyers in order to expand the JusticeNet roster. In addition, we have various positions available for those tech-savvy individuals who would like to contribute to JusticeNet by marketing our services on social media.
Relevant Requirements (*)
- JusticeNet requests a minimum commitment of 6 hours per week
- Shifts can be flexible throughout the week (i.e. 10 am – 1 pm, 1 pm – 4 pm, or 10 am to 4 pm)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An outgoing and confident personality
- A passion for helping others
- A respectful demeanour towards both clients and lawyers and other professionals
- A strong work ethic
- Must adhere to the confidentiality of each situation
Volunteers working on answering incoming calls:
- Volunteers will be trained on how to properly respond to the needs of a client and which type of lawyers to direct them towards.
- Volunteers will be responsible for filling out call sheets after each referral in order to help improve the quality of our services.
Volunteering at JusticeNet will provide an invaluable and rewarding experience by allowing those who participate to assist people who are in need of legal help but who are unable to afford the regular costs. For those considering a legal career, volunteers at JusticeNet will be able to gain primary experience in this new sector of legal help. The type of expertise that stands to be gained from a volunteer position at JusticeNet will be sure to supplement and enhance further legal study and practice. Finally, volunteers can take personal pride in knowing that they have contributed to this important need in our society.
Applying to Volunteer
To apply for a volunteering position at JusticeNet, please email us at email@example.com.
*This is not a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of a JusticeNet volunteer.